Friday, November 27, 2009

Stress & the band

This is my mom and her best friend's granddaughter. A photo taken many years ago (the granddaughter is grown and married now).

Seeing Mom's smile is especially important to me tonight, because she passed away today.


It's probably been said before, but:

Stress can make your band tight.

Driving home from work tonight, I was so hungry I could have eaten my own arm.

My husband greeted me with the news that my mom (age 90) had passed away this morning.

Not really a surprise - I think she was ready to go - but later when I sat down to eat supper, two small bites of very mushy eggplant parmesan got stuck.

But no big deal. I have maybe 30-35 more years to eat eggplant parmesan. What matters is that when I saw Mom yesterday, I got her to eat two bites of chocolate cookie. Yeah, it was Thanksgiving, but she'd rather eat one bite of something chocolate than 10 lbs of pumpkin pie.
So, eat a bite of something chocolate tonight, and say, "This is for Betty."

1 comment:

annieshope said...

Hi Jean, I am sorry for your loss, I lost my Dad last Spetember (2009). It is a long old road.Take care!
Annie