Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another fill

The other day, I told a friend that I hoped my next fill would be a "kick ass" fill. I think I got my wish.

This morning I saw Dr. Weaver's nurse practitioner, Vanessa, for a fill. She put in another .3 cc, so I now have 2.4 cc in there. A long, long time ago, 2.55 cc was as close as I ever got to a "perfect" fill level (I put that in quotes because I'm not convinced there's any such thing as a perfect fill), so I didn't expect 2.4 cc to be quite this effective. Tonight I made baked ponzu-marinated salmon and a chickpea & veggy (finely chopped) salad for supper. I knew I should just stick to liquids, but the food smelled and looked wonderful, so I had a little bite of salmon. Everything down there in bandland protested loudly. As my British friend Kate would say, I am a very silly cow. When all seemed quiet again, I tried a few chickpeas. That went better, but having been strongly reminded about my band for the first time in a year, I wised up and stopped eating.

No comments: