Thursday, October 14, 2010

A scale victory

After my mom died last fall - when at the same time I was working crazy hours at my new retail job, didn't have much fill in my band, and couldn't get more fills because of my flipped port - I gained weight. I was just trying to survive from one day to the next and not putting much energy into good food choices. This April I had my port repositioned, started getting fills again in May, and got back on the bandwagon.

This morning when I weighed, I was delighted to see that I'm finally back in the 130's, only 8 pounds away from my lowest weight. I've lost 15 lbs since my port repair surgery. To celebrate, I tried on some of my size 10 pants and they fit! Not very comfortably, but I could get the zipper closed! Hurray for me!

2 comments:

Sarah G said...

Yaaay! Good for you!

Mary H. said...

Great news!! It's encouraging to see that even a bandster that can write an entire book about the band because she's mastered the tool, is still fighting the good fight like everyone else. If you know what I mean :) Congratulations! :) :)