Saturday, July 11, 2009

Band unfill progress report

The bad news is: I can eat anything and everything, in any quantity, and the hunger is awful.
The good news is: I can eat anything and everything, in any quantity, and the hunger is awful. Did I really mean that? Yes.
So far, it's kind of nice to be on "bandcation". I can eat an egg on toast for breakfast! What a treat! I think I might even go wild and try a Subway sub.
There's certainly a potential for weight gain here. I cannot get by on the small amounts of food I was eating before this unfill - I'd end up chewing my own arm off. But I'm glad to have this reminder of how much my band was doing for me before that I had come to take for granted. So often I've thought, Why am I so hungry? Why does the band banish hunger for some people but not me? Now I realize that my band WAS reducing my hunger (I'd say by 50%).

No comments: