Thursday, November 18, 2010

My weight loss eating plan

Bariatric centers vary greatly in their post-op weight loss eating plans. How many calories you should eat in a day will depend on your weight, gender, activity levels, and weight loss goal. My weight loss eating plan was 900 calories a day, 35% of the calories from protein (78 grams total), 35% from carbs (80 grams), and 30% from fats (30 grams). That worked very well for me. As I began to work out harder and more often, my calorie intake ranged from 900 to 1100 per day and I still lost weight.

Here's an example of a day's menu:

B: 1 serving carb (1 slice whole grain bread, toasted), 1 serving protein (1 soft-boiled egg)
S: 1 serving fruit (1/2 banana)
L: 1/2 serving starchy carb (1/4 c. chick peas), 1/2 serving non-starchy carb (1/4 c. fresh
tomato), 2 servings protein (2 oz. chicken breast)
S: 1 serving fruit (1 c. cantaloupe chunks)
D: 1/2 serving starchy carb (1/4 c. sweet potato), 1/2 serving non-starchy carb (1/4 c. green
beans), 2 servings protein (2 oz. halibut)
S: 1 scoop protein powder mixed with 8 oz. skim milk

No comments: